Welcome to Cardiff is Blue!
Welcome to Cardiff is Blue!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?

Go down 
+6
Jack Army Faggot
caeraubluebird
Moominator
tomoccfc1927
Mules
Editor
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Editor
Gaffer

Reputation Points : 30

Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? Empty
PostSubject: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:47 am

Personally, I really can't see how anyone can justify why they'd want his resignation.
It's quite obvious that we are completely and utterly poor as of late, however, it's not as if Dave Jones is going to the media and making stupid comments, blaming anything he possibly can.

After the Watford loss, he didn't have his usual scapegoat, he didn't blame it on the fans, he didn't blame it on the pitch or the referee, he simply stated that we need to perform better, we need to get stuck in. The only excuse he did have, is that a couple of players are either ill or injured, some even started against the Hornets, fair enough I say.

However, there is no ignoring our current form. It isn't Championship winners form, it isn't automatic promotion for -- it isn't even play-off position form! This season is, in my opinion, a lot different to our previous campaigns under DJ, why? Because we have a captain this season who is passionate, we have billionaire backers who are providing millions for the January transfer window, we're stronger than ever and I feel if we improve in our one weak spot (defence) who's to say we can't turn our fortunes around and maybe even go above QPR?

It's optimistic, but you can't say it's unrealistic, can you?
Keep DJ, I say. He's a good manager, and I'm sure with Vincent Tan breathing down his neck, he'll come good.

And as for booing Lee Naylor, that was utterly pathetic, in what reality is that going to help? Naylor is probably going to make even more mistakes from now, it's not nice to have that aimed at you. We, as fans, embarrassed ourselves yesterday.

Onwards and forwards, fellow bluebirds. Half of the season gone, and we're 2nd.
Back to top Go down
http://cardiffcityforum.com
Mules
Mules

Reputation Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:02 am

The worst thing to do would be to get rid of him. It seems as if he's got a good relationship with most of the squad and he gets the best out of Jay. Besides, even if we did sack him we wouldn't have anyone adequate enough to replace him. He's a top manager but people don't realise it.
Our form hasn't been good as of late but I think with 3 or 4 signings come January we'll still be in the automatic spots at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Editor
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:04 am

I want Kyle Walker, who plays for QPR. Not happening though haha.
I'd be really, really pleased if we managed to get Loovens. Thrilled, actually.
Back to top Go down
Mules
Mules

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:13 am

I think Loovens might be another Koumas though. He hasn't played too much recently.

As for left back I think we should sign Nathaniel Clyne from Palace. Decent young prospect but I think Premiership teams are looking at him.
Back to top Go down
tomoccfc1927
Chris Burke
Chris Burke
tomoccfc1927

Reputation Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:52 am

Mules wrote:
I think Loovens might be another Koumas though. He hasn't played too much recently.

As for left back I think we should sign Nathaniel Clyne from Palace. Decent young prospect but I think Premiership teams are looking at him.
Exactly Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? 47345
I am not Jones' biggest fan but no way should we get rid of him now! It would probably ruin our promotion chances this season imo. With a new manager we would need to start all over again. At least give Jones till the end of the season. If he fails...again, then he's got to go
Back to top Go down
Moominator
Steve McPhail
Steve McPhail
Moominator

Reputation Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:54 am

Would be ridiculous sacking him at this point

Everyone is obviously disappointed and unhappy about this run of games we're having but... we're still 2nd and i'm pretty sure that if anyone was offered the position we're in now before the season started, they'd say yes

And you have people harping on about his signings....it's as though they think every single player would want to come to us and only us... We brought in good players and strengthened our squad from last season and were only able to do this due to shipping players out and sending players out on loan, we were unable to buy anyone... So I think Jones has done pretty well in terms of who he's brought in considering we were only able to loan or sign players on a free.

I'm confident that if he's given money in January he will bring in players good enough to get us up. Look at what he's had to put up with over the last few seasons at our club? With all the financial troubles and other nonsense. He's done considerably well I think...Would any other manager have put up with it all and have done so well with us constantly having to ship out our best players and being unable to adequately strengthen our squad when need be? I doubt it... Just have to look at last season when we had to bring in Wildig, Magennis, Feeney, Blake etc into our starting 11 at times, all players which I doubt any of us thought would in any way be effective, with Ledley being out for a large chunk of it too and McPhail with his illness
Back to top Go down
Editor
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 6:26 am

Exactly. If we could finish 4th last season and get to a play-off final with players like Feeney & Maggenis in our roster, then I am fully confident he can get us promoted this season with players like Bellamy & Bothroyd for goodness sake!
Back to top Go down
Moominator
Steve McPhail
Steve McPhail
Moominator

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 6:34 am

Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? 47345

People who want him out tend to forget what he's had to put up with over the last few seasons
Back to top Go down
Mules
Mules

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:00 am

The only problem is, can he be trusted with money? We haven't seen too many signings where he's spent a bit of money. The one's off the top of my head are Hudson, Chopra, Taiwo, Gyepes, Whittingham, Roger, Quinn and Bothroyd.

Looking at that list there are some very good signings there, but how can we be sure he won't buy another Taiwo or another Jason Byrne?
Back to top Go down
Moominator
Steve McPhail
Steve McPhail
Moominator

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:09 am

Yeaaaah, is a mix of good and bad but the good ones he's signed for us... have been very good and the bad...have thankfully not cost that much

All depends on how much he's given I supposee
Back to top Go down
caeraubluebird
Mark Hudson
Mark Hudson

Reputation Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:48 am

we've been consistently improving with him as a manager and he's made some quality signings under circumstances (as well as some terrible) but if we continue to improve like we have done and maintain seconds place then it'd be awsome, there's no point in getting rid of him we're second in the league if its comes to the point in football where we get rid of a manager while in an automatic promotion position it'll hard for me to keep any interest in football we're doing ok and dave jones has been great for us i think the idea of getting rid of him is ridiculous
Back to top Go down
tomoccfc1927
Chris Burke
Chris Burke
tomoccfc1927

Reputation Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:50 am

If we dont go up this season he has to go imo
Back to top Go down
Jack Army Faggot
Chris Riggot
Chris Riggot
Jack Army Faggot

Reputation Points : -3

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:36 am

Jones has done an ok job for us, I have faith in him.
Back to top Go down
Editor
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:52 am

He has an outstanding eye of the transfer market.
I feel that he only signed Lee Naylor because he was all that was available to replace an ageing Mark Kennedy.
Back to top Go down
Mashy
David Marshall
David Marshall
Mashy

Reputation Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 4:10 am

No, keep the faith!
Back to top Go down
Editor
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 4:17 am

It blows my mind when we win, everyone's either quiet or hailing him.
When we lose, it's as if he's murdered their bloody family. They go absolutely skitz!
Back to top Go down
Moominator
Steve McPhail
Steve McPhail
Moominator

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:02 am

LOL

I know we are on an awful run so when we lose... everyone wants him out

BUT

even if we won 10 games in a row then lost one, I'm almost 100% sure there'd be people calling for his head
Back to top Go down
Sam the Bluebird
Chris Burke
Chris Burke
Sam the Bluebird

Reputation Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:19 am

We have way too many fickle fans. It's quite interesting to see that everyone here wants DJ in (like myself) but on ccmb it's very different Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? 82343
Back to top Go down
Sam the Bluebird
Chris Burke
Chris Burke
Sam the Bluebird

Reputation Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:20 am

oh, and WHY are we speaking liKE "ANNIS"?
Back to top Go down
Editor
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:34 am

We aren't? I was simply quoting people who go "Dave Jones OUT!"
Back to top Go down
Levi_bluebird
Andy Keogh
Andy Keogh
Levi_bluebird

Reputation Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 4:52 am

In Dave jones I trust Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? 175137

Back to top Go down
Organ Morgan
Solomon Taiwo
Solomon Taiwo

Reputation Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:11 am

Someone said at another forum recently that if you are content to stay in the Championship for ever then keep Dai Jones.

In other words, stick with the Scouser if you're happy with second best.

The club's moved on since being owned by a local travel agent; Vinny Tan, the power behind the throne, is reputed to be worth just shy of a billion dollars.

Everyone in all walks of life reach an apex then their powers steadily decline. Dai's on the downward slope, get rid.
Back to top Go down
Editor
Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:02 am

Oh god, I don't know what to say now
Back to top Go down
wedding

PostSubject: wedding shoes bridal   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:47 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?   Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you want Dave Jones "OUT" ?
Page 1 of 1